Thursday, July 1, 2010

Things I've learned... yeah, i've learned stuff!

I have been thinking about what I wanted to blog about. Not too much going on in my family life. Its been relatively quiet. Normally, I'd say 'oh no, the calm before the storm' but I'm not going to be a defeatist, I'm just going to enjoy the moment. So, I've decided to do a 'What I've learned' blog. I've changed over the years. Some would say 'for the better'. I tend to think that I've matured in my old age. So, why not see how?

What I've Learned:

That I have OCD when it comes to organization. Annoying to some, extremely satisfying to me.

That no matter what, there is one person that i cannot forgive. While it may not be right, its something i cannot find it in my heart to do so. sorry.

That I cannot take a nap in the afternoon as it will mess up my nighttime sleep schedule.

I've learned that my daughter is my husbands child when she messes up.

I've learned that things can always be worse. and have been.

That I love my friends for all of their faults, and for overlooking mine.

That i love Facebook. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to keep in touch with friends from the past.

I've learned that I will never like the heat of summer.

That no matter what, my husband still loves me, even if, at times, he doesn't like me. (and vice versa)

That, no matter how many bad choices I made in the past, my friends have overlooked it all, and have stuck by me.

That cancer was a piece of cake to defeat compared to Diabetes.

I've learned that there are ALWAYS new friends to be made. (Right Deb in Ohio?)

I've learned that I miss my parents every day, and nothing will change that.

I've learned that the world does not revolve around me.

That I'm spoiled.

That i dont need name brand shoes or clothes. As long as i have clothes on my back, i'm good to go.

I've learned that I am more patient and a better parent at 54, than i EVER was at 26.

I've learned that I dont have to be miserable that we dont have money. There's so much more to life than buying stuff. I'm happy with a good crossword puzzle book, or watching some TV or playing on the computer.

That i love the library!

there's more, but you get the idea.




I'll close with this... Happy Independence Day! EVERY country has a July 4th, but the USA has Independence Day on July 4th.




1 comment:

Debbie said...

Right Deb in California... I LOVE YA!!!!!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean