Monday, June 15, 2009

An all about me day that i share with Scotty

Today is my wedding anniversary. 18 years ago today, Scottymon put a ring on my finger, and sealed the deal. Its hard to believe that we've been married that long. While i know i'm quite the catch *koff*, he's had his hands full with me for that entire time.

When we first started dating, he used to tell me that i was spoiled. YES! me, spoiled! he said 'your dad got you this way, i'll change that'. LOL silly man. i told him 'if my dad cant change me, there's NO way YOU can!'. and i was right. for the most part. I'm still spoiled, but at times, i can suck it up, and wash a dish, or clean.

There was a time, back in 2001-02, i really entertained the idea of ending the marriage. Scotty was driving me crazy, pushing all of my buttons, and i'd had enough. Then, in May of 2002, came those 3 words that would change me forever... You have cancer. Scotty stepped up to the plate, and transformed himself. He held me when i cried before the surgeries. He took me to my chemo treatments, waited on me hand and foot, and was pretty much a shoulder to cry on. Just about any other man would have crumbled under the pressure of having a wife with cancer, but not Scotty. He was my own personal rock.

Since then times have been much better. Its sad that it took cancer for me to reevaluate my marriage, but then again, it was good that cancer made me reevaluate my marriage. I look back on that time, as a defining moment. An 'ah ha' moment, if you will.

Dont let me kid you. There are times that i'd love nothing more than to take a cement bag to his head. But, i know how good i've got it. And i remind him how lucky he is to have me. A match made in heaven.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh how sweet! I loved ths blog!!! Happy Anniversary Deb & Scotty!! I wish you a happy day and many many more to come!!!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean