Sunday, May 10, 2009

But mom, i didnt do it!

Happy Mothers Day! Since we're on Poor People Menu planning, Jenny 'borrowed' bacon and eggs from the neighbors and made me breakfast. It was so cute. She's always the one that remembers, as Scotty wont even acknowledge it, saying 'you arent my mother'. *eyeroll*

For me, today is a day to pay particular attention to my mom, who passed away in 1984 from Lung Cancer and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Its hard to believe, that come September, it will be 25 years since she's been here. Even though, my entire life, my mom was ill with lung problems (ranging from Tuberculosis, to Pneumonia, to cancer, to COPD) she always found a way to make sure that my brother and I had everything we ever wanted or needed. Even though mom couldnt walk very far, she always took us to the Zoo or to Disneyland, sitting down, while my brother and I ran amok! She cooked, cleaned and helped us with our homework, AND made my clothes on an old singer sewing machine.

My parents were married 35 years when she left us on September 21, 1985. She taught me so much in life, and I try to pass that along to my own daughter. Sometimes Jennifer will act up, and i can remember being 16, and my mom saying 'Debra, i hope you have a child like you some day' LOL.

For those of you that still have your moms here, appreciate them. I'd give anything to be able to go to my mom and say 'Mom, Scott sucks, can i come stay with you for a week?'. There's just a time, when a girl needs her mommy, even a daddy's girl like me.

Happy Mothers day to all of you. xoxo

No comments: