Saturday, October 9, 2010

When your problems aren't the worst thing...

I am going to give you the link to a blog that I read. Its about a woman with Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I'll be blunt. She's dying. It could be any day. This blog follows her journey through her battle with breast cancer. This woman lives in the same small town that I live in. When I first moved here, I sent an email to the sponsors asking about the towns Pine Valley Days Parade. A very nice man, Ken, emailed me back. He noticed at the bottom of my email, my signature, which said 'Breast Cancer Survivor' He gave me tips on where to sit to stay out of the sun, and said thats where he and his wife sit, as she was a BC survivor.

Later on, i found her blog online, and followed her battle. I received an email late last night, saying that they didn't expect her to live out the week. My heart broke for her, and her husband, daughter, family and friends. It made me realize that my biggest problems pale in comparison to what they are all going through. So I just wanted to pass along this blog, and hopefully, it will reach out to one person. Please take the time to read it, think good thoughts, say a prayer, whatever you feel can help Jill and her family at this incredibly difficult time.

ETA: i need to update this blog since I posted it. Unfortunately Jill has lost her battle against this horrible disease. Please take a moment to reflect on how good you have it. Nope, not a lecture, just a suggestion! :)

http://jillgary.webs.com/

this is the latest entry:

Sunday, October 10

Posted on October 10, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Jill’s brother Jeffrey writes:

After a valiant four-and-a-half year battle with inflammatory breast cancer, my beautiful twin sister Jill passed from this world into the loving and eternally-secure arms of our Heavenly Father at about 3:30 Saturday morning, October 9th.

We will dearly miss her, but we take great comfort in the fact that she is now cancer-free, no longer a captive to the afflictions of her earthly body, and in the presence of her Lord Jesus. Our loss is her gain.

I was with Jill when she passed. It was peaceful and dignified, as Jill would have had it. I also don’t believe that she had any pain over the last hours.

For the past 24 years, God gave me the greatest gift of being with her. Although over the last few days she slept most of the time, we were able to have a few very meaningful, although short conversations that I will cherish forever. I have truly been blessed to have her as my wife and best friend for all these years.

We are planning to have a Celebration of Life for her, most likely on October 23rd. I’ll post details as they are known. I have also had a few requests for our address to send cards. It is PO Box 1304, Pine Valley, CA 91962. I will also have more details for those wishing to send flowers for her Celebration of Life or donations soon.

Ken

No comments: