Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy 2013 and other blatherings

2013 is here. I must say, i wish, that for one minute that i could have 2012 back.  I'd want to return that missed phone call to my brother, who passed away in June. I know that he's in a better place, but I miss him so much.  I take great comfort in knowing he's no longer suffering through a tragic life, and that he's in Heaven with mom and dad. 

Now, on to other things. i have only one resolution this new year.  Resolutions are difficult to keep.  i've failed in the past trying to live up to these goals.  This year i'm making it easy (i hope). If i'm going to eat any fast food, i will not use the drive-thru. I need to get my fat arse up and walk inside.  Simple, and i like it.

Here's a few pics of our trip to Disneyland. We go every year on November 8th (Jennifers birthday). She turned 19!!!  This year she brought her boyfriend Albert. We had a fun time.  I can't ride all of the rides because of my back, and a pesky case of motion sickness.  BUT, i people watch while they are on the rides, and its awesome!

Scotty and I in the rear on Splash Mountain

Albert and jenny on Main Street

Tower of Terror. Front row Albert, Jennifer, and Scotty.
He said he wasn't scared, he was looking through a gap 
in the floor.  Righhhhhhhht

after buying hats.

Disney's California Adventure on a rainy day

On to Christmas.  Even though Jennifer isn't living at home anymore, i still made sure our lights were up, our Christmas tree was decorated and of course i made sure there were presents under the tree.  I didn't go picture crazy this year (strange for me).  Jenny came to the house, we opened gifts and i cooked dinner. YES....ME! Turkey, mashed taters and corn.  it was yummy.  

Thats it for this go 'round.  I'm going to try to be better about blogging. I wish each and every one of you a happy and healthy new year. 

No comments: